join the team
VP of Marketing Technology & Development
As the VP of Marketing Technology and Development, you will play a critical role in driving the technical strategy, innovation, and execution of website/software development initiatives and marketing technology solutions within the organization and for M3 Group clients.
This position requires a unique blend of technical expertise, strategic thinking, leadership skills, and a deep understanding of marketing technologies. You will be responsible for leading a cross-functional team, fostering collaboration and ensuring the successful alignment of technology and marketing objectives.
Work Arrangement – This position is able to work hybrid arrangement. Expectation to work onsite on Tuesdays and one other day each week at the Lansing office.
Company Benefits –
- 100% Company-Paid Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Long-Term Disability Premiums
- Up to 13 days of PTO within your first year, as well 8 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with an immediate 2:1 Match, plus an automatic 2% contribution from company
- 6 Weeks of Paid Parental Leave
Essential Duties & Responsibilities –
- Technical Strategy and Leadership:
- Define and articulate the technical vision, roadmap and strategies for web/software development and overall marketing technology systems.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to align technology initiatives with business goals and objectives.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and emerging technologies to identify opportunities for innovation.
- Participate on the leadership team providing input and insight related to marketing technology.
- Team Management:
- Lead, mentor and inspire a diverse team of marketing technologists.
- Foster a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement within the team.
- Set clear performance expectations, provide regular feedback, and support professional development.
- Website and Software Development:
- Attend client meetings to understand the direction of website development or marketing technology systems.
- Provide investment estimates to internal teams related to the client/internal need.
- Oversee the design, development, testing and deployment of high-quality website/software solutions that support businesses.
- Drive agile methodologies, best practices, and effect development processes to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Marketing Technology:
- Manage the selection, implementation, and optimization of marketing technology platforms, including CRM, marketing automation, analytics and more.
- Work closely with marketing teams to understand their technological needs and translate them into technical solutions.
- Collaboration and Risk Management:
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team including marketing, sales, design, and data analytics to ensure seamless integration of technology solutions.
- Partner with Client Strategists to prioritize feature development based on business impact and client needs.
- Identify and mitigate technical and operational risks that could impact project timelines or the overall success of initiatives.
- Implement security best practices to safeguard sensitive data and ensure compliance with relevant regulations.
- Budget and Resource Management:
- Develop and manage budgets for software development and marketing technology initiatives.
- Optimize resource allocation to ensure efficient project execution and delivery.
- Work with team to create realistic budgets for new equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science, engineering, information technology or related field.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience.
- Multitasking, organizing, and collaborating with team members.
- Juggling a wide variety of requests from client strategists with competing deadlines and limited resources.
- Strong decision-making and prioritization skills are essential.
- Organization to schedule, monitor, and adjust deadlines and resources as needed.
- Preferred Technical Experience:
- Web Technologies, & Frameworks: PHP, C#, .NET (Core & Framework), React, Angular, Vue, HTML, CSS, SASS/SCSS, LESS, Laravel, Lumen, WordPress, Magento
- Application/Web Server: IIS, Apache, Nginx
- Database and ORM: MS SQL, MySQL, MariaDB
- Versioning: Git, SVN, TFS
- Build Tools: Gulp, Grunt, Yeoman, Webpack
- CRM & Analytics Platforms: Salesforce, Pardot, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Hotjar
- Other Technologies, Concepts, & Tools: Cordova, Objective-C, CI/CD, Linux/Unix, Vagrant, Agile, SaaS, IaaS, SCRUM, OOP, Jira, Basecamp, Trello, Project Management, Team Leadership, Stakeholder Management, Code Optimization, Requirement Gathering, Issue Resolution, Client Relationship Management
- Proven experience in software development.
- Deep understanding of marketing technologies, including CRM systems, marketing automation, data analytics, and digital marketing platforms.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to present concepts to clients.
- Strong strategic thinker and problem solver.
- Ability to navigate a dynamic and fast-paced environment, adapting to changing needs and priorities for clients.
- Extensive experience in project, program and portfolio management planning and execution.
- Extensive knowledge in digital and omni-channel customer (client and sales) engagement capabilities and solutions.
- “Agile” systems development experience a plus.
- Financial services industry experience a plus.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- May be required to remain in a stationary position for an extended period.
- Ability to operate standard office technology, equipment and tools, which may include many hours of computer and phone usage.
- Ability to travel to/from appointments as required.
- This position can work in a hybrid or onsite working arrangements.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)