Casting Call: How M3 Group uses models for client projects and how someone you know can play a part in upcoming campaigns
M3 Group is fortunate to have a strong video and photo department, and it works with several clients on the production of website video and photography as well as television commercials and other forms of advertising campaigns.
That means the coordination of responsible models from all walks of life — and it requires a pool of unique and diverse talents of all ages, sizes, colors, ethnicities and backgrounds. We’ve been successful choosing models who are responsible, show up on time and understand that modeling isn’t always as glamorous as it seems. Sometimes, it’s a lot of “hurry up and wait” while shots are being set up. Other times, it’s being brave enough to simply step out of their comfort zones and accept challenges given. We choose from a pool of experienced models as well as a using trusted connections to find reliable individuals with no or very limited experience.
Why not just use a company’s own staff to model? The reasons vary. Mostly, an organization’s teams have their own work to do and a campaign can often take several hours away from production time. Employers also don’t want to single out individuals leaving others feeling left behind. For other companies, an employee’s privacy is also a concern and well as employee turnover requiring updates.
One of our most recent modeling opportunities came with a hiring campaign we collaborated on for Dean Transportation. M3 Group retained both adults and children for the campaign in the roles of bus drivers, attendants, mechanics and students.
Models were paid for their time and have enjoyed seeing themselves as part of the campaign.
Interesting in joining our pool of models?
Here are just a few requirements:
- Models must be able to provide their own transportation.
- Models must be willing to bring clothing options that fit a client’s demonstrated needs if uniforms aren’t an option.
- Models must be willing to show up ready to work, with hair and makeup done as communicated.
- Models must be trustworthy to show up on time and stay as long as required/agreed upon.
- Models must be willing to prepare and memorize lines, if needed.
- Models must come with a positive attitude.
- Models must communicate any special needs or allergies in advance if relevant to the work.
- Models should be very responsive to emails and communications.
- Models must understand the client has rights to images and videos.
- Models must agree not to take selfies or post their experience on set.
- A parent or guardian must accompany minor models and remain near set.
- Models must remain professional at all times.
Sounds simple enough, right?
If you would like to be added to our pool of models and be in consideration for upcoming projects, please send an email to email@example.com and include the following:
- Contact Information (email and phone number)
- Age/age group (*optional)
- Experience level
- Availability (*If a minor, is the parent or guardian willing to pull the child from school for certain opportunities)
- Clothing and shoe sizes
- Please express if you have any special needs related to a disability, for accommodation purposes
- Tell us a little about yourself and why you or your child would like to be considered
*M3 Group does not discriminate based on race, size, age, disability or ethnicity. The above questions are asked for casting purposes to fit specific demographics or character types as deemed by our clients.
Please include at least two photos.
- A recent close-up with no filters or photoshop.**
- A full body shot with no filters or photoshop.**
**Cellphone images taken in good light are acceptable. You may include professional portfolio shots and videos as well, providing you’ve also sent the above photo requirements.
Please use the word Model in your subject line so that we can route your email appropriately. We will confirm receipt of your email and then place your information in our files for consideration in any upcoming opportunities.